Daylight's Statement of Faith
We accept the revelation of the triune God given in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the historic faith of the Gospel set forth in them.
We regard the following doctrines as crucial to the understanding of the faith. These should issue in mutual love, practical Christian service and motivation to share the good news of Jesus:
• The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
• The divine inspiration of the Holy Scripture and its consequent entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
• The universal sinfulness and guilt of fallen humanity, making us subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
• The substitutionary sacrifice of the incarnate Son of God as the sole all-sufficient ground of redemption from the guilt and power of sin, and from its eternal consequences.
• The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
• The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God the Holy Spirit.
• The priesthood of all believers, who form the universal Church, the Body of which Christ is the Head and which is committed by His command to the proclamation of the Gospel throughout the world.
• The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.